Our link with 'Vinnies' goes back to Mary MacKillop’s adage of 'never see a need without doing something about it'.
We support of Vinnies in the following ways:
- raising funds and groceries, which are then donated to people in need
- Christmas hampers at the end of the year are collected, sorted and then donated to families seeking assistance from Vinnies
- some keen knitters knit squares for blankets to be made up, which is particularly helpful over a cold winter
- the St Vincent de Paul group also raise awareness of poverty and need within our community
- during JJAMM Week, the students are asked to bring in a grocery item which is given to the Winter Food Appeal.
Our links with the St Vincent de Paul Society are a real and practical way for our students to be involved in community service.